Rosca de Reyes recipe for the Feast of the Epiphany
The Classic Apple with a bit of a twist - spiked with Southern Comfort!
Carrot & Chocolate Custard Tartlets
The Nifty Chef came up with this Gingerbread Gift Box to ring in something new!
Bronzed Chestnut Truffles.
Mont Blanc Truffle Kisses.
Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies filled with Chestnut Truffle Cream.
Chestnut is the Nifty Chef's chosen base ingredient for this season. Explore the sweet trilogy and be ready to impress with these unique recipes.
The Nifty Chef has specially created this recipe to celebrate UAE's 44th National Day after spending most of his career in this part of the Arabian land.
Petit Gateau Al Emarat is an Arabian date mousse with hints of caramel and fleur d'orange. At the base of the mousse are layers of raspberry jam and pistachio cake. The mousse layer was sprayed with white cocoa butter and finished with baked knafeh dough lightly sweetened with sugar syrup.
Arabian Date Mousse
موس التمر مع كعك ماء زهر البرتقال و الفستق، مزينة بالكنافة
You will need these additional items:
- White cocoa butter food spray
- Pistachio croquant, prepared by caramelizing about 50 grams of sliced pistachios with 20 grams of icing sugar in a heavy-bottom saucepan. Add a small piece of butter at the end of the process to keep the pieces from sticking to each other and immediately spread on a silicon mat to cool down completely.
- Raspberry jam, in a piping bag fitted with a small round cake decorator's tip.
- Knafeh dough - prepared by coating the strands with enough amount of melted unsalted butter moistening the dough. Form like small nests, place in greased mini muffin molds and bake in a 200° C preheated oven until golden brown. Immediately pour in about 1 teaspoon of sugar syrup (1:1 ratio) into each dough and allow to cool down completely. Set aside.
- Tempered dark chocolate
- White chocolate ring garnishes, with a circumference of 6.5 cm.
- Remove the mousse from the mold.
- Lay on a flat surface and coat evenly with a white cocoa butter food spray.
- Transfer to a tray and keep chilled.
- On each individual pistachio cake, coat the bottom side with a thin layer of tempered dark chocolate.
- Lay each cake on individual cake boards secured with some jam.
- Using a piping bag, pipe in a circular motion the raspberry jam on top of each cake.
- Carefully place the white chocolate ring garnish around the cake.
- Using a small beveled spatula, lay the mousse on top of the cake.
- Pipe with a little bit of jam around the bottom of the mousse where it meets the white chocolate ring.
- Gingerly arrange the pistachio croquant around it.
- Place the knafeh dough nest on top of the mousse.
- Lastly, place a piece of sliced dried Arabian date on top and finished with a swipe of edible golden color or gold leaf.
In this modern age, not a lot of people know for sure artisan butter is still being prepared somewhere in France. This chocolate bonbon uses buerre baratte uniquely combined with fat rendered from bacon for a smoky finish.
Make these tempting Pumpkin & Orange Custard Tarts this Halloween. Baked in flaky puff pastry shells, these richly flavored tarts are sure to impress even the ghouls and zombies. Use only butternut or sweet pumpkin for a fuller flavor.
A Coconut, Lemon and Praline Ensemble - light and refreshing perfect as a celebration cake for people who may prefer a low-gluten diet.
Celebrate the flavours of raspberry and pistachio in this original creation from the chef's kitchen.
What would you have done if you have plenty of nuts on hand? Try my mixed nuts tartlet with a kiss of cardamom. The crust is also partly made of crushed biscuits (of any kind).
To create this stunning cake, I developed my Orange-y Victoria Sponge Cake with the added crunch of chia seeds! If you love butter sponge cake you will find this extra special, It can be eaten as is or iced with whipped chocolate ganache or vanilla buttercream.
You can't simply just ignore a very gratifying Black Forest Mousse and it's gluten-free!
A choco-purist's delight! An all-tablea fare to wake you up in the morning.
I am very thrilled and proud to have launched the very first brand featurette with a chocolate brand I have come to fondly embrace as a defining all-American chocolate maker - TCHO
Irresistible Brazilian chocolate bonbons - the Brigadeiros! Almost fool-proof in your home kitchen.
It's throwback time with this unique Lanzones & Mango cheesecake.