Who couldn't resist waking up to this very rustic delight?
Orange and chocolate always go hand in hand like marriage made in heaven.
I used Cathy's Kitchen's tablea drops as they yield the most pure chocolate taste.
Tablea Pancake Recipe:
Yield: 6-8 pieces
130 grams All Purpose Flour
4 grams Baking Powder
2 grams Baking Soda
2 grams Salt
30 grams Caster Sugar
6 grams Pure Tablea, grated fine
50 grams (1 pc. - large) Egg, beaten
237 grams Buttermilk
30 grams Nutiva cold-pressed Coconut Oil, melted
60 grams Candied Orange Rind, chopped
- Combine all the first six (6) dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all the remaining wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Using a wire whisk, gently stir in the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients JUST UNTIL BLENDED.
- There will be some lumps. Nothing to worry.
- Over-mixing will cause the pancake to become tough and dense.
- Cook over medium heat on both sides on a lightly greased frying pan. I prefer laying a larger-sized and deep casserole lid on top of the pancake for more even cooking.
- Served with the tsokolate syrup.
Tsokolate Syrup Recipe:
12 grams Tablea pieces
60 grams Sugar
100 grams Water
Put all the ingredients in a heavy-bottom saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Continuously stir the mixture to avoid burning the chocolate and reduce heat to slow when it starts to thicken. Cook for a few more minutes until desired consistency is achieved.