The Nifty Chef has specially created this recipe to celebrate UAE's 44th National Day after spending most of his career in this part of the Arabian land.
Petit Gateau Al Emarat is an Arabian date mousse with hints of caramel and fleur d'orange. At the base of the mousse are layers of raspberry jam and pistachio cake. The mousse layer was sprayed with white cocoa butter and finished with baked knafeh dough lightly sweetened with sugar syrup.
Arabian Date Mousse
موس التمر مع كعك ماء زهر البرتقال و الفستق، مزينة بالكنافة
You will need these additional items:
- White cocoa butter food spray
- Pistachio croquant, prepared by caramelizing about 50 grams of sliced pistachios with 20 grams of icing sugar in a heavy-bottom saucepan. Add a small piece of butter at the end of the process to keep the pieces from sticking to each other and immediately spread on a silicon mat to cool down completely.
- Raspberry jam, in a piping bag fitted with a small round cake decorator's tip.
- Knafeh dough - prepared by coating the strands with enough amount of melted unsalted butter moistening the dough. Form like small nests, place in greased mini muffin molds and bake in a 200° C preheated oven until golden brown. Immediately pour in about 1 teaspoon of sugar syrup (1:1 ratio) into each dough and allow to cool down completely. Set aside.
- Tempered dark chocolate
- White chocolate ring garnishes, with a circumference of 6.5 cm.
- Remove the mousse from the mold.
- Lay on a flat surface and coat evenly with a white cocoa butter food spray.
- Transfer to a tray and keep chilled.
- On each individual pistachio cake, coat the bottom side with a thin layer of tempered dark chocolate.
- Lay each cake on individual cake boards secured with some jam.
- Using a piping bag, pipe in a circular motion the raspberry jam on top of each cake.
- Carefully place the white chocolate ring garnish around the cake.
- Using a small beveled spatula, lay the mousse on top of the cake.
- Pipe with a little bit of jam around the bottom of the mousse where it meets the white chocolate ring.
- Gingerly arrange the pistachio croquant around it.
- Place the knafeh dough nest on top of the mousse.
- Lastly, place a piece of sliced dried Arabian date on top and finished with a swipe of edible golden color or gold leaf.